Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pastor Appreciation

 
Just wanted to pop in and share what I've been working on today.  I made some cards for our Pastors for Sunday as it is Pastor Appreciation Day.  I used one of my all time favorite stamp sets Open Seas.  I used the Triple Stamping Technique which Dawn demonstrates so beautifully here.  My sentiment is from the Tiny Tags stamp set.  I punched it out with the coordinating Jewelry Tag Punch.   I love it when stamps and punches coordinate and I don't have to hand cut!!!  I took some of my gorgeous retired striped ribbon that I've been hording and cut it in half to make it a little more narrow and frayed the cut edge out some.  I laid down some stricky strip and then just "pleated" my ribbon as I stuck it down...love that wavy look!  Especially since we attend a military chapel and the pastors I am making these cards for are all Navy...doesn't it make you think of a flag waving in the wind?  

No comments:

Post a Comment