Saturday, April 2, 2011

Craft Us Crazy Challenge #5 Spring/Easter

Challenge #5 over at Craft Us Crazy is a theme one.....just make something with a Spring/Easter theme and you are good to go.  By now, you probably know how much I love Echo Park and this new Springtime kit is no exception.  Echo Park kits are so shocked full of beautiful patterned paper and wonderful embellies, usually one or two alphabets even.  You can pick Echo Park kits up over at Crop Chocolate for a steal!  The only things on this LO that didn't come from the Springtime kit are the baker/s twine, solid cardstock and the crepe paper I pleated across the bottom.  We are so lucky to have Peggy Loves Vintage sponsoring this challenge.  She has graciously donated 5 different cut outs to this challenge's winner.  We also have a new monthly sponsor for the month of April and it is Stamp Fairy.  A lucky Top 3 winner this month will win a $12 gift certificate graciously donated by Stamp Fairy.  So sorry I've not been around in blogland lately.  Some of you may know that my Dad had been battling lung cancer.  Well, sadly, he took a turn for the worse a few weeks ago and I went back to help my Mom care for him.  He went on to heaven on the 22nd of March and I am so thankful to have been able to spend time with him over those three weeks.  My Mom and my siblings have been so touched by all the stories that men that worked with my Dad have shared with us over the last few weeks.  My Dad was a wonderful man and I know he is up in heaven watching over my entire family.   

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that your Dad is gone, but so glad that you got to spend time with him before. You have a very positive attitude - I'm sure that will help you. Your layout is darling - what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! im so sorry to hear about your dad. i just lost my dad too, or its a year ago now, 20 march, but im still in chock, we all are. he went so suddenly, without any warnings only 63 years old. its a yacky feeling.
    ill keep you in my prayers.
    anyways, i love your lo, love that tree and what a little cutiepie!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete