Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Craft Us Crazy Challenge #2

WOWSA!!! WOWSA!!! WOWSA!!!  We can't believe the amazing participation we have had in our first challenge over at Craft Us Crazy!!!  We are all so excited and hope that all of you will join us again in our second challenge!  This challenge is a "Winter Theme" challenge.  We are delighted to have Meljen's Designs as our sponsor for this challenge.  I'm so excited to work with this cute image called Cozy Winter Owl....the name is even cute!  You can find him here.  I used papers from the Hot Chocolate line by Fancy Pants on my project.  I forgot to make a note of which cartridge I used for my background snowflake but I cut it with my cricut and then glittered it up.  I used a snow writer to get that awesome dimension in my snow and then added glitter for sparkle.  You can find this amazing Hot Chocolate kit at Crop Chocolate....appropriate huh?  Melissa has graciously donated 4 of her lovely digi images of the winner's choice for this challenge!  She has such a fun style...I can't wait to play with more of her images!  Here is a little bit of information on Meljen's Designs:
Meljen's Designs is a lovely stamp company owned and illustrated by Melissa Jenkins. She illustrates whimsical rubber and digital images inspired by her kids and family.  Meljen's Designs has new releases along with a new challenge every Thursday, freebies every Monday and a Guest Designer each month at the Meljen's Designs Blog. Please visit the Meljen's Designs line of stamps at the WHIMSY STAMPS STORE to browse and enjoy Melissa's wonderful images.
Don't forget about our monthly sponsors also!  If you participate in this challenge you can be on the running for our prizes donated by The Cutting Cafe and Stamps Alive also!  Here are the copics I used on my project above:
Can't wait to see what you make for this winter theme challenge at Craft Us Crazy!!!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Kim!! Love the deep reds that ya used. One of my favorite colors! Perfect touch with the snowflake and glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this Kim the colours are fabulous and really stand out such a warming card! hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim this is gorgeous!! The image is colored in beautifully. I love the papers and the snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful card. Your owl is fabulous
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your owl is just wonderful and love the background papers - awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! I love the snowman and the colors.

    ReplyDelete