Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sew Many Challenges - Embossing Challenge!

This week's challenge over at SMC is a technique one.  We are asking that you use embossing (dry and/or wet) on your project.  I chose to work with this fall image which you can purchase here.  This image was part of a special fall package last season so if you dont' see it right off just email Angela and she will get it for you.   She is updating some of the images on the site.  I LOVE texture so....I used one of my Tim Holtz embossing folders for the green base and I also did a little distressing (tearing) on the red borders but it isn't showing up very well in the picture.   I also used distress ink on the image panel (love doing that).  I also used some wet embossing on my sentiment.  The patterned papers are from the Imaginisce Apple Cider line (love those too).  This was a very fun card to make!!!  Here are the copics I used:
We are so excited to have Stich from Stitchy Stamps as our sponsor again this week!  She has generously donated 3 stitchy stamps from her store to this week's winner!  She was so very sweet to let me work with this sweet image and I have to say I love how this card turned out!  She is called Can I GO Too and you can purchase her here
Isn't she just the cutest?!!  I used some of last year's Basic Grey Halloween papers and some sheer black ribbon with kraft and black cardstock to make this card.  The picture doesn't really show the sparkle but I did go over the dress and hat with a Stardust pen and it is really cute IRL.  I did color my image with copics as usual, however, I either failed to take a picture or misplaced the file.  Can't wait to see what you make this week!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love your cards! You have done an outstanding job of coloring... and there are so many fun details in both of these! Superb!

    ReplyDelete