Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sew Many Cards Fancy Fold Patriotic Challenge!

Isn't this sweet image fun?  This is Tayla and Owen Independence Day and you can purchase it here.  This week's challenge over at Sew Many Challenges is to make a "fancy fold" card with a patriotic theme.  I chose this fun image and I made a gate fold card.  Here is a picture of it open:

This is a really easy card to make.  I cut my paper at 10" x 5" and then scored along the 10" side at 2.5" and 7.5" which gives you a 5" square card.  I used some pure poppy PTI cardstock and my basic white Georgia Pacific cardstock that I get at Walmart by the ream.  The blue star patterned paper is from my good friend Sandie and I'm not sure who the manufacturer of that paper is.  I cut my stars using my Cricut and layered them so that one stays on the bottom layer when it opens.  Here are the copics I used:

We are so excited to have Sue McMahon from McMahon Five Designs as our sponsor this week.  She has graciously donated a $15 gift voucher to her store to thsi week's winner.  She has not only some really cool digi images (stay tuned for an example of one of those) but she also has lots and lots of other supplies and tools!  Hope to see you over at SMC!!!

5 comments:

  1. This is soo cute! Fabulous job with the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Love how you lined up the stars on the bottom right of your image with the star on the other part of the card fold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card and the papers you used, your image is colored very well and you did a great job on this card and challenge....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Kim, I so love this, the colors are stunning! Nice work as always!

    ReplyDelete