Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sew Many Cards Stitch Challenge

This week's challenge over at Sew Many Challenges is to make a card using stitching....be it faux or otherwise.  I chose to use this new Owen image as I just think he is the cutest!!!  You can purchase this image here.  Wait until you see what you get for FREE this month with a $10 order!!  But before you go shopping let me tell you about what I did with this project.  You can barely see my stitching as I used a light color thread but if you look closely you will see it up the sides...don't look too closely as I need much more practice!!!  It was fun getting my sewing machine out and trying though....I usually go the quick and easy route and do faux stitching but I just purchased the Janome Sew Mini a while back and thought I would finally sit down and have a go with it and well....I do love the look but I definitely need to practice as I said.  The patterned paper I used is from K & Company and their Berry Sweet line.  The ribbon is Making Memories and the cardstock is Crushed Curry from SU.  That sentiment is from the Tiny Tags SU set and I used the coordinating punch with it.  Here are the copics I used:


We are tickled to have Stitchy Stamps as our sponsor this week.  They have generously donated 3 digi stamps from their store to the winner of this week's challenge!  Here is a little bit about Stitchy:

Hi Everyone, my name is Stitchy and I create under the name Stitchy Stamps...I have been creating digital images for designers for almost a year now and try to learn something new everyday...I started out in paint shop pro about 8 years ago and started making digital scrap kits..then I was introduced to the wonderful world of paper crafts and card designing...like I said, learning new everyday, the rest is history...I can't draw enough to keep me satisfied anymore lol...
Living in a small town in upstate New York, tucked away where cable doesn't even go...friends are far and few between...But being on the internet for the past 10 years, I have gathered quite a few from around the world...Just like I learn something new everyday, I also try to meet someone new every day too...
Thank you Angela and company for allowing me to sponsor you...I am truly honored...

I had the honor of playing with one of their images this week and I can't wait to share my project with you....please come back and visit!  Also, before I go congratulations to Mary S you won the new release Owen and Duncan image I showcased last week!!!

5 comments:

  1. I am so with you with the Janome sewing machine. I bought mine a while ago also (ove a year, blush) and have yet to use it. I want to, but taking the time to learn a new tool...sigh, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sewing looks great. Hope you didn't look close to mine.. my stitches aren't all the same length as my machine doesn't like to stitch on paper! lol Love your layout too. I added a link in my post on how to merge images incase I don't ever get around to doing a tutorial. Hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, I just love Owen!! What a terrific job you did on this! I hand stitch everything, lol -- my sewing machine does not like me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it love it love it!!! Love the stitching, your coloring and the papers!!! I always run out of adjectives when I visit your page!!!

    ReplyDelete